Today’s soggy weather showed us what we’re made of, and it was all good! Here are six reasons I am proud of everyone who showed up and grateful to be part of this community:
- Our loyal and consistent group of volunteers, along with Robin and Nicole, cheerfully stood out there in the rain making sure we were well hydrated on the inside too.
- Our group of volunteers included injured and sick runners who chose to come out in the rain even though they couldn’t run.
- Despite 2 recent hospitalizations that took away much of his strength, Jeremy pushed himself through all 12 miles.
- We had a first time walker out there who wasn’t deterred by the less than ideal conditions
- Ze’ev and Joey braved the rain to offer us shelter and free recovery drinks
- Every runner and walker I passed had a great attitude, and everyone I saw finish was still smiling!
Thanks to everyone for making this such a positive experience!