Today marked the end of the 13th week of training, and the Los Angeles Marathon is just 12 weeks away. It’s time to take a moment and reflect on all that you have accomplished.
- When the going got tough, you remembered to “Hold on!”
- You have become part of something that is bigger than yourself.
- You are making new friends, cheering them on, and feeling their support.
- You are improving your physical health.
- You are gaining the mental benefits of regular “moving meditation”.
- You set a goal and are continuing to work hard to achieve it.
- You have already gone further than you may have ever dreamed possible, and you gained the confidence to know you can accomplish even more.
I’m sure you can add many more successes to this list. I encourage each of you to reflect on and be proud of all you have achieved, and know that your successes on the team represent lessons you can apply to all areas of your life.